I cannot believe that my little baby girl is 3 months old today! I know it will only get better, but this has definitely been my favorite stage of her life thus far. She is turning into a little PERSON! How crazy is that? She is no longer just my little baby who eats and sleeps all the time, but she is developing opinions, preferences, and idiosyncrasies. Watching them develop is quickly becoming one of my favorite things in the world! So I thought those of you following my blog might want to get to know this spirited little 3 month old a little bit better. So I’m turning it over to Riley 🙂
Hi my name is Riley and I am 3 months old today! My hair is starting to stick up constantly on the top, my eyelashes are a mile long and look like I’m wearing mascara, and I have a cute little birthmark on the bottom of my right leg. I have a very sweet heart and am pretty chill, but I am also a little bit feisty ;-). I am opinionated (wonder where I get that from, Dad?….) I know what I like and what I don’t like. What I like is to be held by my mom as much as possible. What I don’t like is sleep. So that makes me very different from my mom. My mom has always loved sleep, even as a baby. She was the best sleeper as a baby, loved sleep in high school, especially in college, and misses it now. But not me! Who wants to sleep when you can be AWAKE!? Being awake is so fun, it’s my favorite. Probably because I am a little extrovert, which is weird because both of my parents are introverts. So that will be fun in the future when I always want to drag my mom out to the park or to birthday parties and playgroups when she just wants to stay in and watch a movie or play dolls ;-). I am also quite the chatterbox now that I discovered that I have a voice. Which is another reason I don’t like sleep, I’m not finished talking and getting all my thoughts out there but mom wants me to go to bed! Doesn’t she want to hear what I have to say? So sometimes I will just talk to myself in my crib for awhile; but other times I get frustrated and upset about it, and I’m not afraid to show it. Mom and Dad need to know how I feel about the situation. And I mean, there are no people in my room when I go to sleep! What’s up with that? I don’t want to be alone in a quiet room. ESPECIALLY when I know Mom and Dad are downstairs being awake without me! Oh this one time, they thought they were going to watch a new episode of Modern Family without me… I.DON’T.THINK.SO. Don’t they know I have to see what Cam and Mitchell are up to this week? But don’t you worry, I let them know what’s up. That is my favorite show, maybe because Mom watched it all the time when I lived in her belly. But anyway, I love being around people and Mom and Dad are my favorite. My grandparents are a close second, they always give me what I want- lots of attention! I’m also pretty confident. I’m not gonna lie, I know I’m cute. So you better believe that when the camera is around, I’m not going to be shy! I love to smile. To quote Elf (a movie I know I will love one day), “I just like to smile, smiling’s my favorite!” I know I already said being awake is my favorite, but smiling is also a favorite. It tends to provoke an excited response from those staring at me and, like I mentioned earlier, I like attention.
Here are some of my preferences:
- I prefer not to be swaddled. Come on now. I know I flail my arms and legs all over the place, wake myself up and scratch my face when I’m not swaddled, but I like to be free! Don’t put me in a straight jacket. It stunts my independence!
- I prefer to not be confined in any way. Shoes? Hate them. Socks? Always get them off. I’m not going to mention swaddles again, but if I did I would say that they are awful. Slings and Carriers? I am not an accessory or part of your outfit so please don’t try to wear me like one, thank you very much. It must be known that I am my own little person not a doll.
- I prefer for everyone in the room to be looking at me
- I prefer to nap in the bed with mom (where I prefer to take up the whole bed) but she keeps just putting me down in the crib
- I love going on car rides, playing on my activity mat, standing (while being held), rolling over on my side, and being held vertically so I can look over your shoulder and see what is going on in the world around me. Oh and I LOVE chewing on my hand. I jut discovered my hands and they are awesome.
Here are some of my Nicknames:
- Smiley Riley
- Little bits
- Little One
- Sweet Heart
- Sugar Britches