This past weekend, Jordan and I celebrated our 1st anniversary (Sunday, June 26th). I cannot believe that a year has passed since we said our vows! On the one hand, it feels like it flew by! On the other hand, it’s hard to believe that we were ever not married. In a good way :). Our lives have become so molded together that it is strange to think about our lives as a bachelor and bachelorette.
For those of you who know us well, you know that it has been an eventful year for sure…
A month into our marriage, we had an apartment fire (in our actual apartment unit) that left us living in hotels and with friends for 5 weeks. Thankfully, most of the damage in our apartment was smoke damage, and our renter’s insurance (if you don’t have it- get it NOW!) saved our behinds, cleaning and replacing everything! I don’t think I will ever attempt to make coconut shrimp again for as long as I live…
Then somewhere in the mix of Jordan adjusting to a new city and new job, me deciding to leave my job with Greek InterVarsity at the end of the school year, and a few health issues, we found out that we were pregnant (surprise!)
Like I said, eventful year :). But it has been by far the best year of my life and at the risk of sounding like a corny hopeless romantic, I will honestly say that I had never imagined loving someone as much as I love my husband.
To celebrate this past year, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite memories of my 1st year of marriage with all of you:
- Our honeymoon (I mean, duh). Puerto Vallarta Mexico, all inclusive resort, heavenly weather, with the love of my life… doesn’t get better.
- Decorating our first home together
- Cooking dinner and eating together most nights over candlelight
- When Jordan used to bring me coffee and breakfast in bed… 🙂
- A weekend getaway to Asheville while our students had fall break, where we both stayed at a Bed & Breakfast for the 1st time in our lives. It was definitely one of my favorite weekends ever (maybe even my favorite memory of the whole year?) We ate amazing food, enjoyed the quaint downtown, enjoyed good wine, incredible breakfasts, slept with windows open bringing in the cool mountain air with the fireplace going all night, visited the Biltmore Mansion, and went wine tasting! 🙂
- Our first Christmas together married decorating our home, getting our first Christmas tree, and making stockings
- Bringing in the New Year with Garrett and Rachel!
- Our mini getaway to Florida
- WHEN WE FOUND OUT WE WERE PREGNANT! (ok, maybe like day 2 or 3 of finding out we were pregnant when the shock had worn off, but it was still the best life-changing news ever!)
- Hearing our baby’s heartbeat for the first time
- Seeing the ultrasound and finding out we are having a baby girl!
- This past weekend
This is definitely not an exhaustive list, but I think it captures a glimpse of my favorite moments :). Marriage is an amazing gift, and I feel so blessed!