One question I’ve been asked a lot lately is if I have been having any pregnancy cravings. I used to think that perhaps cravings were just a myth that pregnant women started so that they could justify eating anything they want. But it is not a myth my friends! At any point of a given day I might be struck by the idea of a certain food and my desire for it eventually takes over my brain until I have it! And sometimes, the food is really random. Here are some of the cravings I’ve had:
- pickles (one night I sat and ate 4 big dill pickles in a row)
- jello (who eats jello?)
- homemade peanut butter milkshake (it specifically had to be homemade)
- hot fudge sundae’s from McDonalds
- Ice cream sundae with peanut butter sauce & whipped cream- which I made for myself and ate as my dinner one night (shh don’t tell my dr. Thank God for pre-natal vitamins!)
- McDonalds cheeseburgers (I guess grease sounded appetizing?)
- apples (which I never really liked much before getting pregnant. But it specifically has to be “Pink Lady” apples)
2nd Trimester (so far):
- water with lemon
- diet dr. pepper
- mango & coconut frozen yogurt from YoPop
- peanut butter shiver from TCBY
- mint chocolate chip ice cream
So basically, I just need to move closer to a dairy farm as it seems ice cream is my #1 choice food item.
Also, my taste buds have changed a bit. Coffee sounds disgusting to me (I used to be the biggest addict), and so does wine (which I usually love)- so that is helpful during this 9 month span!